Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jasset Umbel In Inspired Magazine

X-Trak's Jasset Umbel is featured in this month's Inspired Magazine as their "Inspired Of The Month"! Can't think of anyone more deserving.

INSPIRER OF THE MONTH: JASSET UMBEL

Photo above by Bliss Katherine.
Jasset is an eighteen year old pro surfer from Melbourne Beach, Florida. She started surfing at age five, with the assistance of her father holding her ankles while she rode the waves. At age eleven she started riding a short board and became hooked. Since then she has achieved a long list of accomplishments with her favorite hobby, including:
2011 & 2010 USA Surf Team
2011 3rd place USA Surfing Championship - lower trestles
2011 1st place Surfing America Prime - steamer lane
2011 3rd place Corona Women's Pro
2011 1st place NSSA Explorer Women's 
She says, "Now surfing is my job, but it's not really a job since it's so much fun." When I asked her why she loves surfing so much, she replied, "I love surfing because every time I'm out there I just feel so happy. It's just a lot of fun. It makes you feel so good after you ride a wave. Even when I'm having a bad day I know if I go surfing I'll come in smiling! It just makes you feel good to be out in the ocean living that lifestyle!" 
When I asked her where she sees herself in five years, she said, "Hopefully I'll be living on an island somewhere or on some boat sailing around the world- just surfing, enjoying life, and having fun."
Jasset's number one piece of advice to anyone looking to become a better surfer, "Never give up! Never stop trying! And always have fun doing it because once you stop having fun it won't mean anything anymore."
If only everyone could have the same beautiful outlook on life as her! 


No comments: