Monday, April 23, 2012

Corey Howell, Putting In Work


Just got a team update from Corey Howell and I gotta say it's pretty impressive! Awesome to see someone his age working so hard at something he loves. Great work Corey. We're proud to have you as part of the team!

"Well, the beginning of 2012 has been GREAT!!  

To start off, in January I saw my X-trak ad in ESM at the Surf Expo.  I was also featured in the ESA Spotlight in Transworld Surf's April edition.    Ron Jon put up my first billboard on Hwy 528, the main road coming from Orlando into Cocoa Beach.  Even cooler, they also added my picture to the rotating billboard in front of the Cocoa Beach store!   I've also heard there is a large lightbox in the Orlando airport at baggage claims, billboards in Orlando for Festival Mall, and window pics in New Jersey.    There was even a picture of me on the Ron Jon Surf Fest event t-shirt, which my mom bought like 10 of for the entire family....     It's just unreal! 

Competition wise, I've been surfing hard and placing well in the local NSSA and ASF competitions.  Earlier this month, I took 2nd in the Ron Jon Surf Fest Jr. Pro and equal 7th in Mens Pro.  But nothing can compare to this past weekend.... I took home 4 titles in NSSA East Coast Championships - High School Men, Explorer Men, Open Men, and Airshow and also won performer of the day on Sunday!  And now, I have finally gotten NSSA Surfer of the Week!!

School's going really good.   I will be finishing my sophomore year in high school in May and I will also have 4 college credits completed.  I hope to finish this semester with straight A's and President's list as I did last semester. 

Thank you so much for all of the support you all give me.   I can't wait to go out to Cali in June for Nationals and US Championships!

Thanks,
Corey"













ASF March Contest:

Ron Jon Easter Fest:


NSSA East Coast Championships:

NSSA Surfer of the Week 4/16/12:

No comments: